LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Monday, July 8, 2013

Drained

Ever feel stretched thin? Emotionally? Mentally?

Physically I feel like a thick post. And maybe just as stiff.

This past weekend was one of those weekends that seems long and short all at the same time. I was always on the go; got very little sleep; didn't get the chores I wanted to do done.
My oldest had to be run around to different places over the weekend. I had his social calendar a little overbooked. He loves it though. He's such a people person. And I have a hard time saying no to people. The invites come rolling in and I just shove things around to make time for them.
Our one kitten injured her leg.
 An expensive vet bill later and we know she does not have a break or a dislocated hip. Just a soft tissue injury. I left the vet's the weekend before with some pain meds for her and instructions to have her rest. It did the trick. Then we ran out of medication and she overworked her leg. Now she's limping again. We're trying to keep her calm and keep her from jumping. It's hard to kitten calm so she can get the rest she needs. She wants to play and explore so badly.
And the baby is teething still. All his teeth are coming in all at once. He went from having no teeth to six in six weeks. And there's two more just under the surface right now. He's normally a smiley happy baby. When he's teething, he's still a smiley happy baby...As long as I'm holding him. If I put him down for whatever reason, he screams. He's a mama's boy. During the day, I can deal with it alright. At night, he wakes up many times looking for me. So I get about as much sleep as I did when he was a newborn. I'm so tired, I have no idea how I'm functioning. Maybe I only think I'm functioning. Maybe I'm just a huge mess and I have no idea because I'm too busy pouring caffeine down my throat.
I also restarted the couch to 5K program. I got halfway through last time I tried it and then decided to just do my own thing. I need to work at my breathing while running so thought a do over would work.
 I've been working more on core lately too. Everything from my chest down hurts. Thankfully today is my rest day. I feel like I need it.

No comments: