LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gross to Me - Yum to Them

Yesterday I made this for lunch.


For the boys, not for myself. I had a bowl of Campbell's Healthy Request soup followed by an apple.

Now look at the back of the box...Look at the calorie line...

300...180...270...What's that 300 for? I don't understand. I've shown this picture to a few people now (and posted it on Facebook). No one seems to know what that extra 300 means. And everyone seems shocked to see 1/4 of the box is so many calories. One of the many reasons I don't eat mac and cheese anymore. It's just not worth it to me. I've also cut the boys from having mac and cheese from once a week (or twice if I was being lazy; shame on me) to once, maybe twice a month. They share about half a box. Sometimes with a hot dog too, but normally peas for the little one and some sort of fruit or berries for the older one.

And even though I don't touch that orange artery blocker anymore, this one enjoyed it so much his hair was orange when he was done.
 

And this one loved having Cars mac and cheese in his Cars bowl. Although he didn't finish it all.


No comments: