LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Day After Soreness

I said I was going to push myself at the gym this week. I did just that last night. I ran hills as fast as I could for 15 minutes for a warm up. Then I hit a personal record of lifting 70lbs. Doesn't sound like much compared to Hubby's personal record, but it was a big moment for me. I used to avoid our 25lb kettlebells because I said they were too heavy. Now here I am lifting 70 on repeat. My next goal is to get to 80lbs.
I came home from the gym already feeling sore. I knew today was going to suck. Lifting my tiny 13 pounder is a challenge today. Every muscle in my upper body is protesting. It's as wonderful as much it sucks. I hate feeling sore, but I love knowing what I will get out of it. A slimmer, fitter me. 

This morning I took my little monkeys out for a Tim's date. Monkey #2 had orange juice and a cookie (not healthy, but we all have to have a special treat sometimes) and Monkey #3 was content with his Mum Mum cookie I brought from home. I enjoyed my first iced coffee of the year; made with milk instead of cream. We went for a long walk with a stop at a park along the way. It's so beautiful outside, I wanted to make sure we made the most of it. We'll get in more outside play after naps are done. Plus there's soccer tonight. More running around. It's a special game tonight. Monkey #1 is playing close to my parents' house. My dad is coming out to the game for sure. He misses coming out to watch the games; we miss him too. For two years straight he was at every single one. My mom, if she's having a good day, will come out too. 
I'm on the fence about getting a couple of new cats tomorrow or Friday. Hubby and I had agreed to wait until closer to the end of August before getting a new pet, but I found two young cats at the humane society who captured my heart. Not sure if I'm going to go back to adopt them or not. I really miss having a furball in the house. 

No comments: