LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Perhaps I should rename my blog to Diary of a Crazy Lady. I went to the gym last night with every intention to stick to running so I didn't hurt my shoulder anymore than it is. Once I got there I remembered bootcamp was starting in 30 mins. So I ran for 20 and then wandered over for bootcamp. I had completely forgot about my muscle; it wasn't feeling too bad at that point.
Well, I was the only one who showed up for bootcamp! So instead I got a little personal training time for free. I got to try out TRX. It's totally something I can see myself getting into. But, since I still feel so new to fitness, I would want someone there telling me what to do; just like I had last night.
Halfway through the workout, my shoulder let me know it was hurting. I pushed through it even though the voice in the back of my mind was telling me to stop. I felt great after my workout; my shoulder/neck, not so much. I came home and iced it. I'll be icing it on and off throughout the day.
Tonight, I run and only run. No arm work! I need to let myself heal.
I found a new summer treat at the grocery store. Gelato! 
(there should be a picture here, but I'm having trouble uplaoding. Sorry)
This particular brand is only 60 calories with 14g of carbs and 14g of sugar per half cup. That's only 2 points per serving! I bought lemon and it's so yummy with strawberries cut up on top! It doesn't replace the greatness of ice cream, but it's a good sub if it's hot and you just want something to cool you down.

No comments: