LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Change



I can do this…

I can do this…

I can do this…

What the heck am I talking about?
Weight loss?
Nope.

I know I can do that.

I’m talking about being like a single parent of two for two days a week.

Now I sound (feel) like a big baby.

There are tons of single parents who do it every day.

There are tons of people, who are in situations like mine, where they are like a single parent because one is working or something.

For the next 16 weeks, Hubby will be taking part in a course at work. Tuesdays and Thursday he won’t be home until 10-11pm. Both days happen to be non-school days for Monkey.

It’s not the being home alone with the boys all day (plus the day care kids I have) that I’m nervous about. The kids I can handle. It’s the meals.

I have it in my head that I have to cook kid friendly meals those nights. Kid friendly meals, in my head, equal what I feed them for lunches. Sandwiches, pasta, chicken nuggets, soup and quesadillas, to name a few.

For whatever reason, in my head, I can’t feed them what we’re used to having for dinner. I think it’s because Hubby won’t be here. I just automatically thing as simple as can be.

I have to get myself out of that mind set. We can’t eat that way for 16 weeks. The kids are going to get tired of having lunch two meals a day; and I’m going to get sick of soup or salads. That’s what I have for most lunches because I don’t want to waste the points on something like chicken nuggets and fries. I try to keep my points at lunch time as low as I can. 4 point soup with fruit afterwards, for example. Low on points, but still filling.

I’m going to have to sit down to figure out some kid friendly meals (things they will not fight me over eating) that is still healthy. Wouldn’t be so hard if my kids weren’t so darn picky. I’m sure whatever I come up with, there will be nights that Monkey is sitting at the table until bedtime.

*****

On another note, last night at my meeting, we learnt about the changes being made to the Points system. There isn’t many changes. Most daily points went down. I was one of a small amount of people who’s points stayed the same.

And I am down another 2lbs this week! Yay!

My new pants are already starting to get baggy. Hopefully I’ll be buying another smaller size after Christmas. Wouldn’t that be nice?

No comments: