LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dropping the Ball

One of our ginerbread men. I had a few men who lost their heads, legs and/or arms.
I was joking about a holiday masacre.


Feeling like I’ve dropped the ball on this whole weight loss thing.

Am I tracking? Yes.

Am I making the best choices? I don’t think I’ve been overly bad. But I haven’t been too good either.

Am I exercising? Not at all! There’s that dropped ball, right there.

I’m still trying to get out for a walk with the kids everyday. It’s not enough. I know it’s not enough.

Life can be crazy busy. Everyone’s lives are like that, I think. My life is no different from everyone else’s. I have family; I have responsibilities; just like everyone else.

For me, exercise needs to be scheduled in. If it’s not, I get lost in the chaos I call my life and forget about it.

I haven’t forgotten about it over the past two weeks, but I haven’t made time for it either.

I normally get in my exercise (aside from my daily walks) at naptime. It works easier for me then. The kids are all napping and I can get my sweat on without tripping over a child or two. The past two weeks, instead of exercising, I’ve been making presents, baking, decorating said baking and wrapping presents.

I feel like I haven’t sat still in the last two weeks.

I’m not complaining. I love this time of year. I love going over the top and savouring every glorious moment of it.

I thought baking all the treats I had planned would make me want to cheat on my points. I’ve done better than I thought I would. Just one cookie out of each type have I taste tested. One sugar cookie. Half a gingerbread man -- the other half went to my youngest. And one gingersnap. I also baked red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing. I skipped the icing and split a cupcake with Hubby. It was my first time ever trying red velvet. It was okay, I suppose.

What’s hurting me is the gift baskets Hubby brought home. His boss gave him a huge basket of nuts. I love nuts! And have a hard time stopping at just one serving. Have you counted the points on nuts? They’re crazy high. I can easily eat my whole day’s worth of daily points in salted, dry roasted peanuts.

The owner of Hubby’s work also gave everyone a huge basket of treats. Polish sausages (two of them) , cheeses, (more) nuts, chocolates, crackers, cookies, pepperettes and more. He used to give everyone a turkey. Hubby and I loved getting our yearly turkey. Hubby always brought home two because a co-worker would always give us his. I would much rather a nice lean dinner meat than the high calorie snacks we got. Better would be a cash bonus. At least his bosses thought of their employees. It’s the thought that matters most.

I have nearly everything ready for Christmas now, but the chaos is far from over. It really is too easy to just push off exercise. I think I’m going to have to make more of an effort.

No comments: