LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December First!

Headed back out in our Winter Wonderland for a walk again this morning. It wasn’t as cold, wasn’t as snowy and the wind was nothing compared to yesterday. Yesterday was more beautiful. But I had Monkey in tow today, so I was happy with the cleared sidewalks and paths today. He would have complained yesterday. Something to look forward to in the weeks to come, I’m sure.

We’re getting into full Christmas swing here at home. We went out last night and picked up lights for our tree. We also wanted to get some garland and lights for outside. We figured out it wasn’t a good idea just to go without an idea of what we wanted to do. Instead of just spending money, we came home to figure out how we want to decorate. We’re so behind on outside decorations compared to most people. But I figure the longer we have less outside (I have two 4 foot pre-lit trees in planters on either side of our door and a wreath I made a few years ago out there so far), the less hydro we use. I’m the hydro queen in our house.

I got in some activity yesterday pulling all our Christmas stuff out. Why is the Christmas stuff always the boxes in the farthest, darkest corner of the storage closet? I had to pull everything out just to get to the Christmas boxes, and then put everything back. Some of those boxes I had to lug around are really heavy!

I did my cardio workout right after that too. I figured if I got my heart rate up for a little bit, I might as well keep going.

After the boys were in bed for the night, I got to work setting out some decorations. We have a new center piece on the kitchen table. It would have looked better on a new table, but we opted to get a new tv instead and get the new table in the new year.

I hung decorations off of my kitchen light. It needs some garland too, I think. I can’t wait to do our tree this weekend.

Christmas has come to my house and I absolutely love it.

I’m keeping with my plan to focus on my family this holiday season. I’m not going to let stress get to me. I’m not going to worry about food that might come my way. It’s all about enjoying the holiday with the ones I love. After the holidays I might share my December Daily. Depends on if I finish it this year or not.

No comments: