LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Friday, December 2, 2011

Pre-Planned December

Muffin last December, barely three months old.

Hello December! It’s been so long since we saw each other.

A lot has happened over the course of the year. My tiny, peanut of a baby has blossomed into a go-go-go toddler (I’m still coming to grips over that term). My big boy has learnt how to read. He’s reading at a level 2 and can spell over 60 words without help. Hubby has lost over 40 pounds and is currently on week 3 of the insanity program. I’ve lost over 40 pounds myself; 10 on my own and over 30 with Weight Watchers (I’m sure it would have been more if I had not thrown the program aside for over 4 months, but I can’t change what I did and can only move forward. I have no regrets). We have a new house; we took all the kids to Disney World; my mom got through her second treatment for the brain tumour; Muffin got through his surgery.

We’re all happy, healthy and welcoming you, dear December, into our home and hearts.

This is the time of year most people cringe over. I am embracing it! I love everything about this time of year and I’m not going to let food mess it up for me. Yes, there will be cookies, cakes, chocolates, high calorie drinks, treats, dips and full fat foods around every single corner. That doesn’t mean I have to eat any of it. And if I do, I make sure I made the time to work out.

My plan is to pre-plan everything. Even if I can’t pre-plan to the T, I will do my best.

I know tomorrow I will be in the city. I will be there for dinner . I have my fingers crossed for Swiss Chalet so I can bring the chocolates home to Monkey; but I wouldn’t say no to East Side Mario’s since that’s where Hubby and I had our first official non-coffee date so long ago. I can pre-plan for both of those. I know Hubby and I will be heading to the movies tomorrow night. He won free tickets months ago. They expire at the end of the month; we need to use them up. I can pre-plan for this too. I always bring my own bag of gummies to the movies. I don’t like movie theatre popcorn. Never have. I might have to pre-plan for lunch in the city too. Hmmm…a small chili and a baked potato from Wendy’s sounds good to me and I already know the point values for those.

Next week, I have to pre-plan for Hubby’s office dinner. I have no idea where we’re going or what we’re going to have there. I’ll pre-plan for the worst and make sure I have all my weekly points on hand, just in case.

The following week will need lots of pre-planning. Our first of three (maybe four) Christmases. We’re heading to Stoney Creek for Hubby’s family Christmas. There will be the best deviled eggs, Cesar salad and broccoli bake. There will be cheesy dips, lots of wine, decent desserts and more. Hubby’s step mother is the hostess with the mostess for sure. Will I worry and stress over it? Nope. Moderation and planning and making sure I have all my weekly points available will get me through. Plus there will be family members we haven’t seen since last year, so there will be lots of ignoring the food and chatting going on.

Next will be my family Christmas. Once again…moderation and planning. I’m starting to feel like a broken record here.

The new program launches on Monday here in Canada. It launched in the States today. I read all about it (don’t you just love the internet?) and I can’t wait to put the program to work for me.

Here’s to a stress-free December and, hopefully, a continuous weight loss throughout the holiday season!

No comments: