LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Personal Training Session

Today I had my first personal training session.
Um...

Ouch! 

 
 
 
PT (personal trainer) is a retired hockey player. He was on a farm team down in Texas when he had too many head injuries. So now he trains. He's a great guy; very motivating.
We went through all the machines in the gym first. Just to make sure I know how to use them right. Then we built a program for me to follow. Something to get me started on my journey.
I used muscles today that I haven't used in a long, long time. I'm a little sore right now. I'm going to be in a lot of pain tomorrow. But it's a good pain.
I say that now.
We'll see how much of that pain is "good" when I'm running up and down stairs during potty training tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I don't get another session with PT until next month. He's there if I have any questions, so that's good. I'm looking forward to pushing myself for the next few weeks so that when I do get to train with PT again, I can show him what I'm made of. Of course, he's just going to push me even harder then.
Bring it on!
One week in on my gym membership. Four days burning calories. Planning on going again tomorrow...
Am I turning into a gym junkie?
Or am I just off to a over zealous start?
Time will tell.
 
 



No comments: