LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Monday, April 22, 2013

Seriously?

Did I just eat a chocolate bar? On weigh-in day?
I'm obviously not feeling right. I can't even get to the gym before my meeting to "burn off" those extra calories.
I am a creature of habit. On weigh-in days I am known to eat nothing but fruit and veggies with the odd deli ham or egg thrown in there. I eat light so I feel light on the scale.
I know it's a little crazy, but it works for me. I also try not to weigh myself here at home on weigh-in day. Home scale and meeting scale can be different. Why torcher myself?
Now I'm panicking! I never indulge on weigh-in days. Never! It's going to play on my mind now. Did I not lose weight this week because of that chocolate bar? Would I have seen a bigger number if I had not eaten that chocolate bar?
I know, logically, it won't make a difference. If I've lost, I'll see the number I should be seeing. If not, then the scale will tell me so.
Still, in my crazy mind, this is going to haunt me today.
I do only have myself to blame. I didn't have to eat it. I've been baking the past two days. Making treats for my parents to hand out to helpful neighbours. I've made beautiful rainbow cupcakes with homemade lemon butter cream frosting. rainbow sprinkles and a cherry on top finishes off each little gem. They're adorable. I also made a small cake for my boys with the leftover cake batter. I topped their cake off with cotton candy (at least that's what I was going for. I don't eat cotton candy so I hope I got it right) frosting and blue star sprinkles.
Once I was done all my baking, I helped myself to a Hershey chocolate bar with almonds. I had it just in case I decided to break it up and use it somewhere in my baking.
It was good. But it was not worth the guilt.
Okay. Lesson learnt. I won't do that again. Moving on.
Tomorrow I make better choices and push myself during strength training.
 
Side note: I scrapped the other day. And it felt so darn good.
 
 Can't believe my Monkey #3 is 5 months old. Almost 6! He'll be 6 months on May 1st. I swear time is flying by even faster than it did with the other monkeys.

No comments: