LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Friday, May 10, 2013

Evil Temptation!




Life without treats is boring. We all know that. Having pizza this week, although it made me feel like crap, was great. I enjoyed the taste at least. Now we’re scheduled to go over to my parents’ house on Saturday. I’m looking forward to why we’re going over.  I get to see my mom since I won’t get to see her on Mother’s Day (I’ve been told that my crew has plans for me). I get to see my sister before she goes back up to North Bay. I get to pick my brother-in-law’s brain about exercise one last time. I get to spend time with my dad. All great things.
Unfortunately, I know there’s going to be an ice cream cake there for dessert. A peanut butter blizzard cake from DQ! I love ice cream. I super maga love peanut butter cups! I joking told Hubby that I’m just not going to eat anything all day long so I can have a big slice.
My real plan? Grapefruit for breakfast, toasted tomato sandwich with a huge side of raw veggies and hummus for lunch, fruit and veggies for snacks (regardless what my dad puts in front of me during the afternoon) and then watch my portions at dinner. I will share a slice of cake with Monkey #2 . If my dad or sister are the ones slicing the cake, the slice will be at least 2 or 3 times bigger than it should be, so sharing will be ideal. If I’m brave enough, I’ll let Monkey #2 be the one in control of my spoon(or fork). I’ll get messy, but he’s bound to destroy the cake enough to me pass up on goopy slop.
I love my family to the moon and back, but they’re dangerous when it comes to my weight loss. Hubby even managed to avoid going over to my parents’ house all last month while he was doing Paleo. My family always means well, but most of them can eat whatever they want and not gain weight. My mother has never been over 110 pounds in her life. That was while she was pregnant. She never looked more than 3 or 4 months pregnant when she was 9 months along. She’s naturally super thin. She can eat more than my dad and doesn’t put on the weight. My dad is a thin guy too. He also has a sweet tooth. My sister has gained weight since getting married, but she’s still a very healthy weight. She went from looking sickly thin to healthy looking. And my brother-in-law…Well he’s in awesome shape. Six pack and all. When the cookies, cakes, pies, candies, chocolates, fried foods, pizza, garlic breads, cheese dips and so on come out, they can all enjoy guilt free. Me? Not so much.

I look at that stuff and pack on the pounds. I do what’s recommended by WW to help prepare myself. I preplan my points. I drink a lot of water. I try to fill up on veggies and fruits. I avoid the treats as best as possible. It’s hard when you have kids running up to you to show you their chip or cookie or chocolate milk. I’ve even sat down to talk to them about how hard it can be for me. They turned the table on me and asked why should they give up what they love just because I don’t want it.
Family!
Anyone want to join me for an eye roll here?
So I’ll do my best tomorrow. Then once we’re back home and the kids are all tucked in for the night, I’ll go to the gym for an hour to try to burn off some of those fatty calories. And hope there’s no treats on Mother’s Day!
****
Side note: Wednesday was Hubby and my anniversary. Seven years! I can't believe it's been seven years already. I can still remember how the butterflies felt in my stomach the first time I saw him. I can still remember how those same butterflies felt on our first official date, switching from friends to more. Now here we are, all those years later, and he still gives me butterflies. 
How did we spend our special day? Sitting in a super hot school gym watching our son sing Twist & Shout with his little kindergarten peers.

No comments: