LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Friday, May 17, 2013

Treated


I bought myself a little treat this week.
And it’s not the edible type of treat.  
I bought a fitbook. 

 A little notebook to plan and record my workouts. It’s designed around goal making and set up to help you reach those goals in 12 weeks. I started mine this week, so it goes to August 4th. I decided to set a goal of losing 20 pounds in the next 12 weeks. I then went online and created a workout plan for the next two weeks. At the end of my two weeks, I’ll see how I did and plan another two weeks or so. There’s room to track your food too. I’m not too sure if I’ll be using that part of the book. I track pretty religiously with my WW app. Yes, I track. It’s a part of the WW program a lot of people seem to have a hard time with. I love tracking. At least now I do. I tried WW 6 years ago when Monkey #1 was born. I last 3 days. I couldn’t stand tracking. I didn’t want to track. And I didn’t lose weight. After Monkey #2 came along, I rejoined and had no problems tracking. I even tracked when I was pregnant and off the program. It’s just a part of life now. I know if I don’t write it down somewhere, I will over eat.
Seeing how I am very type A about tracking my food; I figure I will only gain by planning and tracking my workouts better. It’s easy to record them on my WW tracker, but that doesn’t tell me how far I ran or how hard. Just how long. It doesn’t tell me how much weight I was lifting, or how many reps. Once again, just how long it took me to do it. The nerd in me needs to know how much, how far, how long. I like the idea of being able to look back and see how far I have come. How else will I be able to plan how far I want to go?
I’ve tried online recording, but I didn’t like it. I’m a nerd; I like paper and ink. I write on here a lot, but I have a journal beside my bed too. I have notebooks all over my house. I’m a scrapbooker.
So I sat down with my fitbook at the beginning of this week and wrote. I filled out the weeks to come. I wrote out my goals. I wrote out my next couple of weeks of workouts. I’m recording it all.
When the little monkeys went down for their naps this afternoon, I picked up my fitbook and looked at today’s planned workout. Some of it I could do here at home. So I did. Squats, sit ups, glute kicks, Russian twists, and light free weights were all doable right here in my living room. So that’s what I did. Tonight at the gym (because I’ve got nothing better to do on a Friday night leading into a long weekend) I’m doing leg work and cardio. By doing some of my planned workout here at home, I cut my gym time down. More time to spend with Hubby tonight. Or more time to fall asleep on the couch. The latter is much more a possibility.
I’m looking forward to the end of the next 12 weeks; to be able to look back through my fitbook and see how far I’ve come and if I was able to meet my goals. 

No comments: