LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Survived!


I went to my first class at the gym last night. Bootcamp! I’m pretty sure I died and then came back to be tortured with soreness.

I’ve seen the trainer who put on the class around the gym. She’s petite and cute. She has a great smile and is apparently a mom to three. I hope I can whip myself into looking almost as great as her. After all, I’m a mom of three too. Now this cute, little woman turned around and yelled at us like a drill sergeant. She worked us hard! I recognized many of the exercises we were doing from the Insanity program. Hubby was doing Insanity before he discovered CrossFit. Halfway through the hour long class, I thought I was going to puke. I was pushing myself hard. Not to prove anything to anyone. Just trying to look like I could keep up with everyone. I think I managed to create the illusion. Then again, maybe I just thought I did and everyone knew full well how much I was struggling.
But I did it! I got through right to the end. My arms felt like lead. My legs felt like jelly. My back ached. I was soaked in sweat. I was flushed bright red. My hair was everywhere! Darn flyaways. I’ve been eyeing up headbands from Lululemon. Almost any headband I have tried to wear before just pops right off my head. I’m pretty sure I have an odd shaped head. I’m reluctant to buy a headband from Lulu if it’s just going to do the same thing. My hair has a complete mind of it’s own. Some workouts, it stays nicely in it’s ponytail with a million and one bobby pins holding down the short flyaways. Other days, it can’t be contained; it’s everywhere and in every which way.
I won a water bottle at the gym. I’m one of the top 10 most active members in the past month. I don’t care so much for the water bottle. I am super proud of myself for making the list though. I almost feel like a gym rat. Maybe one day I will consider myself one. I don’t know if the gym put up that list because they’re new, or if it’s something they do every month. All I know is I’m going to keep up with my schedule and hopefully make the list again next month; if it is a monthly thing.
Tonight is a soccer night.
(picture from last year)
 Monkey #1 is playing his first game tonight. Second game for the team, but we missed last week due to his school concert. Hopefully we’ll all be able to go to watch him play. Monkey #3 is teething big time. He might not feel up to cheering his big brother on. I might be a zombie by this evening too. Said teether kept me up most of the night. I only got 4 hours of sleep. Hopefully it goes okay at the gym tonight after the game. I’m scheduled to do strength training tonight. Fingers crossed the little monkeys let me get in a nap this afternoon. Doubt it will happen since I haven’t been successful at getting them onto the same afternoon nap schedule. We’ll see how the day goes.

No comments: