LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Gross Feeling

Ick!
I feel gross about my food choices this week. I haven't been the on top of my game. I haven't used up all my extra points, but I've used more for junk than I like. It all started with a snack size blizzard from DQ on Monday. I told Hubby that it has to be a Monday treat. I like to get my "bad" choices out at the beginning of the week so I can behave better the rest of the week. And I only had a snack size one (instead of the large that Hubby inhaled), so I didn't feel bad about it.

Then I had an unplanned day out. I ate within my points, but I still don't feel like I did well. Then there's the corn chips I bought for the boys. I, of course, dipped into the bag myself. And that brings me to last night; we had a play date go longer than planned. At first the play date was only supposed to be after school until dinner time. The mom and I are friends who don't get to see each other often, so we ran long due to all our chatting. So she suggested we stay for dinner. Okay, sure, why not. The kids were all having fun and so was I. Her husband picked up KFC on the way home from work. Grease with a side of fat. It tasted great! I watched how much I ate; I didn't feel full, but wasn't hungry either; it left me feeling sluggish and tired. We didn't get home from our visit until 8:30. Hubby and I literally pulled the kids out of the van and tucked them into their beds.
I shrugged off feeling sluggish and tired as best as I could and hit the gym. It was tempting to just curl up on the couch with Hubby, but I'm glad I went. Yesterday was just cardio. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and then 20 minutes on the bike.
Today is a quiet day. Hubby and Monkey #1 are in Toronto for the regional CrossFit games. The littles and I are off to visit my parents after nap time. I'll be heading over to the gym tonight after everyone is home again.

No comments: