LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Nervous


I'll post now since I don't think I'll have the time tomorrow.
Tomorrow....
I'm a bundle of nerves about tomorrow; trying not to turn to food for comfort.
Tomorrow my little, tiny Muffin goes in for surgery. It's nothing major. It's just day surgery. Still...Show me a momma who's not nervous when her baby is going under the knife. To make things worse, the hospital changed his surgery time from 8am to 1pm. He can't have anything to eat or milk/formula after 7am; and he can't have water or apple juice after 9am. He's going to be a grumpy little guy come surgery time.
I have no idea what I'm going to do for food myself. I won't eat in front of him. When he stops eating at 7am, so will I. I'm not too sure what the hospital will have as far as healthy food choices go. And I mean honestly healthy food; not food that one would think is healthy and it turns out to have more calories than a huge, greasy cheeseburger. I remember when I used to go to Wendy's and order a salad, thinking I was making a good choice. Yeah, not so much. They're yummy, but you're better off ordering a small chili and a baked potato with sour cream (use only half the container for less calories).
Maybe I'll pack something to take to the hospital. Then I know what I'm eating.
I've been debating whether or not to wake up early tomorrow to fit in a workout. I'm still up in the air about it.
Here's today..

Day's Over Run

Breakfast: 2 pieces of rye toast with cinnamon spread; 1 mug of coffee (6pt)
Lunch: Soup (4pts)
Dinner: Oven chicken burrito with a mixed green salad and olive oil dressing (7pts)
Snacks: Chocolate (okay, okay, I turned to food for comfort, but I'm still within my points for the day); apple; banana (9pts)

Workout: 4mile walk; 40 minutes cardio; 20 minutes zen yoga

No comments: