LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Post #2

Two posts in one day! I'm on a blogging roll. Too bad I'm the only one who really cares.
But this isn't about having hundreds of readers (although that would be cool); this is about me.

Today I made lamb burgers for dinner. I have only had a taste of lamb once before. It was many, many moons ago. When I was 19, my then boyfriend took me to Niagara Falls for New Year's. We had dinner at the Skylon Tower. He had the rack of lamb, I tasted one bite. I don't remember what it tasted like; I just remember I liked it. I did not like the mint though. Mint, to me, is for gum, ice cream and tea.
I have the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. I bought it for myself last year after Christmas. I love this cookbook! I haven't found a recipe in it that I haven't liked so far.


The lamb burgers are in this book.
I found ground lamb on sale at my local grocery store a few weeks ago. $2.91 for a pound? Sold! I bought two packs. I fell upon the recipe last week when I was flipping though my cookbooks looking for inspiration for my meal plan.
Ground lamb, cilantro, green onion, one egg white, salt and pepper was all it took. Pan fried them, but I think I'll BBQ them next time. Put it in a pita and put on toppings. The recipe calls for tomatoes, lettuce, mint and plain yogurt for the toppings. I did tomatoes, feta and sour cream. Why? It was what I had on hand.
And they were fabulous! Even the kiddos liked them. I may have hinted it was beef to Monkey, but he ate it and he liked it! Muffin was all about the cucumbers I gave him and the pita. He tried feta and loved it. He's very picky about meat. This kid won't eat a chicken nugget! What kid doesn't like chicken nuggets? Apparently, mine. Although he could eat his weight in hot dogs.

Anyways, let's look at yesterday now

Yesterday's Overview

Breakfast: Apple (0pts)
Lunch: Soup (6pts)
Dinner: Chicken, mexican rice, steamed cauliflower, cheddar cheese (8pts)
Snacks: None

Exercise: 35 minutes cardio

No comments: