LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Meetings


Okay, quick question...What happened to Hungry? He used to be on the Weight Watchers commericals. I love seeing Jennifer Hudson because she's an inspiration, but I miss the cuteness of Hungry. I saw the dolls on Esty once. I should track them down again. Would love to have one. I could tell him "No" every time I want something bad for me and I'm low on points for the day. Ha! That would be fun.
Anyways, today I want to talk about something that helps to keep me motivated.
My Weight Watchers meetings.
When I first joined, that first meeting was horrible to go to. I felt like a failure going. Like admiting I had a problem and needed help was a bad thing. The ladies who work there welcomed me with open arms. They made me feel good about about there. After the meeting, I finally understood I was not alone. I went home on a natural high about the journey I was starting. Hubby was so supportive. He may not have joined, but he started eating like me and working out. We were both on our way to changing our lives.
I look forward to my weekly meeting. I go Monday evenings. At first I hated that they were on Monday. It meant if I let lose on the weekend, it showed at weigh-in on Monday. But now I'm happy it's on Monday. It helps keep me in check over the weekend.
I leave for my meetings early. The meeting doesn't start until 7pm. I'm there at 6 most days. I weigh in before there's a huge line. I get to talk to my leader before the crowd comes in. I get my pick of where to sit in the meeting room. And then I get almost an hour to myself. No hubby, no kids, no cat, no phone, no internet. Just me, myself and my book/magazine/notebook/whatever-it-is-I-brought-with-me. I love that little bit of me time.
When my meeting is over, I'm full of fresh motivation and relaxed. I can track my busy week head on without a doubt.

Yesterday's Overview

Breakfast: 2 cups of coffee (3pts)
Lunch: Black bean quesadilla with fat free sour cream (9pts)
Dinner: Pesto pasta - Weight Watchers recipe (8pts)
Snacks: Granola bar (3pts)

I noticed I still drink too much diet pop some days. There are days I don't touch it, but other's where I drink two or three cups worth. So I'm going to start tracking my diet pop intake.

Pop: 2 cups

Exercise: 35 minutes cardio; ran up and down the stairs for 20 minutes

***Little Extra***
I stepped on my scale this morning. It was calling my name. I'm still in my pjs (which are pretty lightweight), and haven't eaten or drank anything yet. The number on the scale was 4 pounds smaller than Monday night's weigh in. Why oh why can't weigh in be in the morning? I like that number so much more. I know I won't be 4 pounds lighter Monday night. The scale can go up and down every day; muliple times a day, if you're into tourturing yourself. I'll be happy with a 2 pound loss. Heck, I'll be happy with a one pound loss. A loss is a loss is a loss, right?
Still, it was nice seeing that -4 pounds this morning. Remembering that -4 might help me keep things in check while I'm at my mother's house today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay now I understand why you like Mondays. I love my meetings too. I would love to have a hungry doll. I would sit him in front of me when I felt snackish and tell him NO