LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Want More



These last few days have been a struggle.
I'm not reaching for junk food. I just seem to want more than my measured out portions.
Yesterday at the grocery store, Hubby and I found amazing steaks on sale. There were three; all under $3. We grabbed all three of them for dinner. He BBQ-ed them while I made a roasted green bean with tomato salad (so good! One of these days I'll have to post the recipe. If you're a WW member, look it up in the recipe finder. It's a fave in this house).
I knew I wasn't going to eat a whole steak. But I also knew I wanted more than just 3oz. So I measured out 5oz. It was 12 points! And you know what...So worth it! It was melt in your mouth perfection. The bean and tomato salad is one point per serving. I had two servings. When I was done my super yummy meal, I wanted more. Hubby downed one whole steak. Pre-Weight Watchers, I would have too. With a baked potato with the works and most likely something else too.
Since I was still looking for more, I had an apple. It got me to where I needed to be. I still wish I could have had more steak; but I know I made the right choice.
It was hard not to get into the snack cupboard last night too. I kept wandering over to it. Just as I would reach my hand out to open the door, I would repeat "one point left." All I had left to my points for the day; and I wasn't willing to spend my weekly points on a late night snack.
I made it through, Hopefully today is easier, but I doubt it will be. Maybe I haven't been keeping myself busy enough. I have a bunch of little things that need to be done around the house. I'll get to work at getting them done.

Question: The cheerios your 13 month old feeds you are zero points, right?

Yesterday's Overview

Breakfast: Apple and coffee (3pts)
Lunch: Quiche and a salad (13pts)
Dinner: Steak with bean and tomato salad (15pts)
Snack: Apple; pear (0pts)
Pop: Two glasses and one bottle (so bad! No pop today!)

Exercise: 5km walk with the family

No comments: