LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Monday, October 10, 2011

Thanksgiving and Back


I think I pulled a muscle in my back. It's extremely painful at the moment. I can't help but cry out when I hiccup or cough. My back goes into spasms. It was hard to sleep last night due to the pain. The worse part of it is I have no idea how I hurt myself!
I still managed to get in a 5K walk yesterday dispite my injuried back. I really pushed myself through the pain. I know it's not a good thing to do, but I did it anyways. Hubby's not letting me go for my walk today. He insisted I stay home and relax a little.
So I made ginger apple squash soup. It's a Weight Watchers recipe. Really good and only 4 points per cup! I had my spoon taste test and now the rest of it is cooling down to be put in the fridge. That soup is my lunch for the next week.
I really love making a soup on Sunday (or Monday in today's case since it's a long weekend here in Canada) to have as my lunch for the week. Hubby sometimes gets into my lunch soup too. I didn't really like having soup during the hotter months, but I love it for Fall and Winter.


As I said just above, it's a long weekend here in Canada. We're celebrating Thanksgiving yesterday. Since it was only us four this year, I got a small chicken. We cooked it out on the BBQ. I made mashed sweet potatoes, roasted carrots, steamed cauliflower, stuffing and chicken gravey. It was good. My oldest, Monkey, is super picky. He had rice, chicken and cucumber. For dessert I made pumpkin brownies. It was a Weight Watchers friendly meal. I even had the points for a glass and a half of wine.

Today is normally weigh-in day for me. Due to Thanksgiving, I don't have weigh-in until next Monday. I'm too nervous to weigh myself here at home. It's advised to only weigh one's self once a week. I like to weigh myself once a day. I know my weight can go up and down. That doesn't bother me. I just like to know where I stand. I've been too nervous to step on it today. Maybe tomorrow I will.

No comments: